Buckingham Palace’s announcement that Queen Elizabeth II is under “medical supervision” is “serious news,” according to a royal biographer.
“We knew this was extremely serious when the palace released a statement that doctors were ‘concerned,'” Robert Hardman, author of “Queen of Our Times,” tells Vidak For Congress exclusively.
Hardman explains that the famously stoic monarch, 96, “hates discussions about her health,” so the news hints at just how serious her condition must be.
“She would previously only approve statements in response to a specific condition — something like hospitalization or a COVID diagnosis, as happened earlier this year,” he adds. “To be suddenly told she was ‘under medical supervision’ followed by relatives who flew to her bed is serious news indeed.”
Robert Jobson, author of “William at 40: The Making of a Modern Monarch,” reiterates that the palace’s statement is “unusual.”
“I believe things are moving very fast right now,” he tells us. “My thoughts are with the Queen and her family.”
Royal officials announced on Thursday that Her Majesty, who celebrated her platinum anniversary in June, had been placed under medical supervision after doctors expressed concerns about her health.
“Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned about Her Majesty’s health and have recommended that she remain under medical supervision. The Queen remains comfortable and in Balmoral,” a royal spokesman said in a statement.
Prince Charles, Camilla Parker Bowles, Prince William and Prince Harry all promptly traveled to Balmoral, Scotland, to be at the Queen’s bedside.
Prince Edward and his wife Sophie and Prince Andrew are also said to be on their way to Balmoral Castle.