King Charles told Harry not to take Meghan Markle to Balmoral

King Charles is said to have told Prince Harry that “it was not right” that Meghan Markle came to Balmoral when Queen Elizabeth II was dying.

On Thursday, the palace announced that doctors were “concerned” about the health of the 96-year-old and would place her under “medical supervision”. In response, members of the royal family rushed to Scotland to be by the monarch’s bedside in her final moments.

“Charles told Harry it was not right or appropriate for Meghan to be in Balmoral at such a deeply sad time,” a source told The Sun.

“It was pointed out to him that Kate [Middleton] did not go and that the numbers really should be limited to the closest family.”

The source added that Prince Charles – now King Charles III – “made it very, very clear that Meghan would not be welcome.”

As Vidak For Congress previously reported, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex originally planned to travel together to see the Queen. Half an hour later the news came that Harry would actually be traveling alone.

Meghan Markle and the Queen.
Markle originally planned to travel to Scotland with her husband.
Getty Images

The Queen’s death came just days after the “Suits” alum gave another stellar interview to The Cut, criticizing the royal family and claiming that “just by being” she and Harry “reduced the dynamics of the hierarchy. disturbed”.

On Thursday, the BBC’s long-standing royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell said on Markle’s broadcast: “She may not be welcomed very warmly, to be completely open about it.”

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge on the balcony of Buckingham Palace during Trooping The Color 2018 on June 9, 2018 in London, England.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex left the royal family in January 2020.
Samir Hussein/WireImage

“Tensions were so high and Meghan couldn’t possibly have gone to Balmoral,” a senior palace insider told The Post.

King Charles attempted to give an olive branch to the couple during his first public address as reigning monarch of the United Kingdom and Commonwealth on Friday.

“I want to express my love for Harry and Meghan as they continue to build their lives abroad,” he said in a pre-recorded video message.

Leave a Comment