According to self-proclaimed royal expert Angela Levin, an “enraged” Prince Harry will likely want to “apologise” amid reports that he was royally snubbed by Queen Elizabeth II and his party at last week’s Platinum Jubilee.
“I think he would have been very, very upset that he was largely ignored,” the well-known biographer of Prince Harry and Camilla Parker Bowles told the Sun. “He still feels he owes an apology.”
During Thanksgiving service at St. Paul’s Cathedral last Friday, the royal analyst gave her hot take on “self-defeating” Harry’s behavior, saying: “What really struck me that day was Harry’s anger – he wears his emotions on his face and he looked absolutely furious.”
Outspoken Levin – who reportedly spent a year with Harry, 37, while writing his biography – addressed the international photo controversy that arose when he and Markle, 40, first introduced Lilibet, 1 to Elizabeth last Wednesday, after to the UK to take part in the platinum anniversary celebrations.
Multiple outlets claimed the couple had turned down a request to have a photographer take pictures of the 96-year-old monarch and their daughter — with an anonymous source claiming they were told, “No chance. It was a private family.” event,” The Sun originally reported, who also claimed that Elizabeth’s keepers feared Harry and Markle would leak the photos to US television networks.
Queen Elizabeth’s communications secretary declined requests for comment about the conflicting reports of “private” gatherings. However, an insider with knowledge of the situation told The Post that the reports are unreliable: “They just enjoyed a private and intimate visit with the Queen,” the source said, adding that Harry and Markle didn’t even bother to to ask for photos, as the 96-year-old monarch was not feeling well.
Vidak For Congress reported that the power couple also didn’t spend any private time with Prince William and Kate Middleton during their brief anniversary visit. Meanwhile, William’s family is said to have turned down an invitation from Harry and Meghan to attend Lilibet’s first birthday party.
It was rumored that the couple would not appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace on Thursday alongside Elizabeth, Prince Charles and other senior members of the royal family.
After the pair were booed when they showed up at an anniversary event at St Paul’s Cathedral on Friday, the pair flew out of the UK on Sunday, before the multi-day celebrations had even ended. However, sources told The Post this wasn’t a royal stomp – Harry and Markle had always planned on attending just two events and leaving.
Still, Levin claimed Prince Harry was probably beside himself after getting the alleged royal cold shoulder.
“I think it’s really interesting — he could have sensed a lot of things,” Levin theorized, adding that Prince Harry “might regret what he lost” after he famously stepped down from his royal role in 2020.
“I don’t know if he had a wave of feeling at what he gave up,” the monarch pundit, who theorized that the former Duke of Sussex will nevertheless demand apologies from the senior royals.
However, Levin said she believes “Harry” is the one who should apologize.”
“He said during the Oprah interview that Charles and William were trapped, he said he was cut off by his father,” she said, referring to the “tell all” bomb in which the Sussexes destroyed the royal family on Oprah. Winfrey show. “You can’t just be rude to people and expect them to open their hearts to you again.”
Levin also blamed Prince Harry after senior royals reportedly refused to attend Lilibet’s birthday party, claiming the prince only forgot to check his older brother’s schedule to see if he was free.
“They reportedly asked Kate and William and the kids to the party,” the royal junkie claimed. “However, they didn’t bother to find out that the Cambridges would be in Wales in the morning and coming back in the afternoon to get ready for the Jubilee concert, so they couldn’t go.”
Harry has reportedly been estranged from his brother William since the Sussex’s aforementioned royal-bashing Oprah appearance.
Regardless of Prince Harry’s feelings on the matter, Levin believes the apparent royal divestiture will negatively impact the streaming career of the Sussexes, who signed a multimillion-dollar deal with Netflix in 2020 after moving to the US. Most recently, in May, the streaming platform had given the green light to the runaway Sussexes’ much-hyped “home” docuseries.
“I heard Netflix wanted these photos of them with the royals,” Levin said during a recent appearance on conservative talk show GB News. “Because they would have sold it. It would be very valuable, very valuable to them.”
She continued: “They would have used it” [the photo] for Netflix. It would give them kudos to have her with her great-grandmother, you know.’